WISKA Member Forum

West of Ireland Sea Kayak Association
It is currently 25 Jun 2019, 11:39

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Lumix Videos
PostPosted: 13 Mar 2016, 19:32 

I have a Lumix camera, the 8 mpx. Rusty tan colour.
I took a video I want to share but it won't open. On screen. I can watch it on the camera. Nothing on my PCs or laptop recognise the file format or something.
Can anyone who knows direct me please?
I know it was a WISKA that overcame my resistance to the retail therapy involved at the time, a couple of years ago, so I suspect that probably Conor or BrĂ­an knows what I need to know, maybe someone else either.
Thanks
DW

PS I intend paddling this year. I am even on a trip in the summer. Its gently up and down a certain bay until I get confidence but by May I hope to be functioning, so beware, ye may see me .............

Post subject: Re: Lumix Videos
PostPosted: 13 Mar 2016, 21:11 

Dave,

I think it might be Conor who had that camera. He has since moved on to GoPro which is a constant worry to all of us. I'll check with him see can he help you out. I would think that you need to go into menu in your camera and change the file format manually before trying to download to your computer.

Great to hear that your back on the water. Let us know when your out if your looking for company.

Talk soon.

PostPosted: 14 Mar 2016, 14:45 

Dave

Cameras today either come with 1) a cd containing software, 2) a web address for you to download the software or 3) require you to register your camera online and then give you a link to the software.

Lumix- I would expect either 1 or 2. If you come back to me with model, I can have a quick look.

OR when you turn on your PC, do you get a black screen with a little blinking cursor in the top left corner? In this instance, I will suggest an up to date pc ;)

Yes, the GoPro is proving great fun. I have evidence from yesterday's paddle of a certain individual nudging another and pushing them over. He denies this of course citing an accident. The evidence however shows otherwise!

PostPosted: 14 Mar 2016, 17:09 

Conor
Thanks
The newest of my four machines is the one giving gip !
I now have it open but can't share it for the reason I believe it is 120mb, too large.
Next challenge is to put it in Dropbox (boy, this is torture for the uninitiated).
DW

PostPosted: 15 Mar 2016, 23:40 

120mb sounds quite big, unless you were taping in full HD and for some time.

If a newer PC or a relatively new one, could you per chance be running Windows10? New machines come with this installed. Microsoft are aggressively pushing this and many machines are being updated automatically. In this instance, your LUMIX software might no longer be up to date and an update may solve your problem.

PostPosted: 30 Mar 2016, 07:39 

f you want to get a VLC alternative to play AVCHD on PC, 5KPlayer can do you a big favor. It is also a free and clean powerful AVCHD/.mts player that can play AVCHD MTS M2TS videos fluently on Windows and Mac. Moreover, it can play other SD/HD videos in MP4, AVI, WMV, MKV, MOD, TS, etc. And 5KPlayer is also a good option to play various music files, listen to radios, free download online videos and AirPlay video audio files.